Boatyard Sheave Gig Race
ENTRY FORM AND SELF CERTIFICATION OF SEAWORTHINESS
To enter the Gig race please complete the form below and submit
Safety notes and Disclaimer of Responsibility
- The boat’s crew is entirely responsible for their own safety, whether ashore or afloat, and nothing whether in the Notice of Race or the Rowing Instructions or anywhere else reduces this responsibility.
- It is for the boat’s crew to decide whether she and they are fit to row in the conditions they find themselves in. By launching the crew confirm that the boat is fit for the conditions and that the crew is competent to row and compete in the conditions.
- Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the boat’s crew nor will it make the organisers responsible for any loss, damage, personal injury or death, however it may have occurred, as a result of the boat having taken part in the racing. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race and the Regatta and include the Regatta Committee, volunteer helpers, Race Controller and Marshal boat crews.
- The provision of Marshal boats does not relieve crews of their responsibilities.
- Personal flotation devices are at the discretion of the crews.
- Each boat is required to hold adequate insurance and, in particular, to hold insurance against third party claims to the sum of £2,000,000.
- Entries from competitors under the age of 18 are subject to parent/guardian authority and the declaration to that effect must be completed on the Entry form.
I confirm that this boat is seaworthy and that it and all of its equipment is in good condition and fit for its intended purpose. I also confirm that I am responsible for the safety of all those that come on board my boat and that I am responsible for the conduct of the boat. I acknowledge that I will comply with all relevant legislation and the rules of racing that apply together with any rules imposed by the organiser of any event in which the boat participates. I confirm that my boat is insured against third party claims to the sum of £2,000,000.
I agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing, and the Regatta Rowing Instructions as outlined in the Safety Briefing.
I have read and fully understand the attached Disclaimer of Liability. I accept responsibility for the safety of the above helm/crew.
I will pay the entry fee of £10 (per boat) to Bursledon Regatta at Sort code 30-93-17 Acc. No. 03634176 Please enter Your name and Gig as the reference when paying